Digitally printed DIY CD Cases by Clown. A lot of people ask me if the DIY CD Cases can be printed with an inkjet printer, with a printer that can take thick card that’s at least A3 and with a bit of setting up it is possible.
This is every job completed in the last month, just over 1,800 pieces of packaging in all. I’ve been so busy that taking photos of each release has had to take a bit of a sideline.
i’ve had a couple of days to recover from the last blakfish show and try to sort out my bodyclock after getting in from birmingham at 6.40am so i thought i’d show the making of the cases, i don’t know if anyone cares.
the printed card got delivered on wednesday around midday, i had other…
Four years ago today I completed the first ever run of packaging I’d ever made for the rerelease of one of my favourite EPs for the last ever Blakfish show. Fast-forward to today and I’ve singlehandedly made almost 45,000 pieces of hand made packaging and worked on close to 400 releases.
I love seeing what people do with their DIY CD Cases, these were digitally printed by Oceanis.
This is almost every release I’ve worked on since moving to Manchester last month, roughly around 1,600 cases in all.
Every release I’ve posted photos of on here this year has been a run of cases I completed last year, since moving to Manchester I’ve not had chance to sort out a new photography space, it’s been on my to do list for a while now.
Cut Cover CD Slipcase for Phil McMinn with 3 different coloured outer slipcases, run of 100, slipcase machine cut then hand scored/fodled/glued, insert hand cut/creased.
Natural Card CD Case for Ceiling Demons with CDs printed/duplicated (onto matt discs) run of 200, packaging all hand made.
A few photos before the move, the top photo was taken in April 2013, during the move, December ‘13/January ‘14, and moved in/set up in January. Going from running ACDSleeve from half of my bedroom to having it’s own office space.
Looking back I have no idea how I managed to work in such a small space for almost 4 years.